Sunday, June 29, 2014

in the studio

This week, I'm actually posting this recap on the usual Sunday. Last week, I started prepping on Saturday, and the internet went out in a storm, and when it came back up, I finished the post and published it, without realizing that I was a day ahead. I suppose that is better than a day behind.

I did finish two paintings this week. The small crashing through and the larger something about the current are both based on the Boquet River at Wadhams. A new canvas was stretched which will have another longer view of the Middle Road area which was featured in middle (of the) road.



crashing through, acrylic and ink, 12" x 12"



something about the current, acrylic, 20" x 20"



The stretchers for the next piece, 38" x 64". If you think it looks like it belongs there, it's because it does. I bought those stretchers months ago thinking that I'd out a painting over the mantel. This is now stretched and steamed and ready to start tomorrow, after I get home from Hammond Library. The paintings which have been there for the last two months are returning home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment