Sunday, June 8, 2014

in the studio

This week in the studio, I finished a painting and started a new one. The second is on a reclaimed canvas, which I was relieved to find because I wanted to paint but didn't want to stretch any canvases. Sometime this week, while I'm still working on this new piece, I need to stretch more canvases so they're ready to go when I am.

Both of these paintings are based on places in upstate New York. middle (of the) road is from a view on, or possibly just near, Middle Road. I'm not entirely sure because I wasn't taking notes, but I'm going with it anyway. this is where the river turns is one of the many windy turns in the Boquet River.

middle (of the) road, acrylic, 12" x 12"

this is where the river turns, detail, #wip, acrylic, 36" x 36"

Also this week: I have work in 2 group shows which opened this week Abstract Art: Breaking the Norm at Studio 659 and an instructors show at Substation. An reception for the latter will be planned for July. This Friday (yes, the 13th!) there will be a reception at Beverly Shores Depot, where Brabant Lenting is the featured artist for the month, but I still have three paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment