Sunday, November 10, 2013

in the studio

This week's in the studio is actually an out of the studio. Saturday was the SLAC anniversary show opening with Live Art. It was a great success and lots of fun. I planned to take lots of pictures of the other artists working.... and you know how best laid plans work, right? I got this:


the work station


So I failed horribly on capturing other artists creating, but I will work on gathering up some photos of everyone else's work for a future post. Here's a look at what I did. I made 9 collagraph prints using cardboard and plastic grocery bags. You can see the plastic bag plates in the picture above. I got interviewed by the area paper and had my photo taken, too, but the chances of it appearing in print are pretty slim. There is also a facebook album of this work on my art page here.


live prairie I

live prairie II

live prairie III

live prairie IV


live prairie V

live prairie VI

live prairie VII

live prairie VIII
live prairie IX
All of the artwork created during the live art event is part of a silent auction benefiting the National Autism Association of Northwest Indiana. Artists are donating a minimum of 10% of the sales, some are giving more. I will be donating 50%. The prints are available individually, but only through the auction, as they are one of a kind prints. We also completed a collaborative piece, with 100% of the sales will go to NAA-NWI. The auction pieces will be at Paul Henry's Art Gallery in Hammond through the end of the show, in early January 2014. Please contact the gallery directly if you would like to bid on one of these pieces.

the collaboration

No comments:

Post a Comment