Sunday, July 20, 2014

postcardswap #3

And we're back! A little late, but better late than never. This will be the third swap. Everyone and anyone is welcome to join. 

Robin Maria Pedrero

What is it? The quick answer is you make a small postcard sized (approximately 4" x 6") piece of artwork and send it out into the world and have one sent to you, as well.

The rules: Or, maybe think of them as courtesies, or how this actually works.

Decide you want top sign up, and email me your full name and mailing address. Sign up by August 10, 2014.  Artwork must be postmarked by August 31, 2014.

Do not sign up if you are not going to send a piece of art out. Really. This will bring about tons of bad karma for you. And it really is sad for the person on the other end who sent something out and didn't get something in return. I do not like getting those emails and then have to track down who failed to follow through.

Megan Green

Make a piece of art! Any media, any theme, but it must be handmade, by you, for this event. Photography/digital work is fine as long as it's your work. A postcard from your last show is not okay. A piece of art you made five years ago is not okay. Again, about the size of a postcard. It does not have to be an actual postcard, just that size. This should be easy, and not costly, to mail. You can put it in an envelope, or not. But please think about how it will arrive to your assigned artist. You want this piece of work to represent you well. By all means load up the back of the card with all your contact information. The person you send your card to will not be the same person who sends you a card. You will be connecting with two different artists, and hopefully through the follow up blogs and social media, you will be able to connect to even more artists.

Michelle Pendergrass

Before you mail it out: take a pic and email it to me. Please put your name on the jpg file for me. When you email me that, also send a link to wherever you want me to direct people: your website, etsy, blog, facebook, etc. You can also post it to whatever social media you are on. Please use the hashtag #postcardswap. And if you can tag me, I'll reshare it. I will put together several blog posts following up with pictures of your art and links to your website (or wherever). I cannot post your artwork and links if you don't send them to me. That may seem kind of obvious, but half of the artists participating last time didn't bother, so please remember to do it!

facebook
twitter
google+

Let me know you want to be a part of this swap! Know someone else who may want to join us, invite them! The more the merrier!

2 comments:

  1. this sounds really interesting but the email link in your text confused me no end. I am not computer savvy at all and the Wizard account thing baffles me so I guess I can't play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link may have tried to open outlook even if you don't have outlook set up. You can email your name and mailing address to postcard_swap (at) yahoo (dot) com.

      Delete