Wednesday, September 4, 2013

encaustics, part 2

Tomorrow was planned to be another encaustics play day, but through some Labor Day-no-work-on-Monday weirdness, we've all been thrown off a day. Although it should be a day behind and not a day ahead, but, whatever. So, encaustics happened today. I was not prepared for this so there are no work in progress pics. This also spares you from seeing the hideous mess I made on one of them. Incising will require a lot of practice and patience on my part. I made two attempts today and they both failed miserably. I just loaded the piece up with more wax and more wax and...I think I saved it, but was scolded for painting over it. What can I say? I really hated it.

today's first painting, 3.5" x 6"

my favorite of today's work, 2.5" x 3.75"

2.5" x 3.75

I thought the red was too harsh at first,
but now I kinda like it. 1.75" x 3.25"

the one I think I saved, 2.5" x 3.75"
Next time I am going to practice the incising. ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment