Sunday, July 21, 2013

in the studio

This week sputtered by. I blame the heat. 

Every now and then, someone I know posts random pics of somewhere and I think, I should paint that. And I ask, and so far everyone has said yes. (Artists: you have to get permission to use somebody else's photos as reference material.) So my friend John, who went through Foundation with me at Pratt, posted a bunch a pics of the Long Island shore and I was inspired. (Did you look at his site? Do it. I'll wait. ...right? When I win the lottery.)


the ascent, acrylic on paper, 5" x 7"

the bluff, acrylic on paper, 5" x 7"

view from the bluff, acrylic on paper, 5" x 7"

Earlier in the week, I took my kids to the splash pad at Wicker Park. I've painted Wicker Park many times in the #art365 series.


splash, acrylic on paper, 7" x 5"

The hibiscus are blooming. I have pinks, purples, and whites in the backyard, all jumbled together. They are self-seeding and trying hard to take over the yard. They get some competition from the mulberry and sassafras. But this is (mostly) all hibiscus.

hibiscus, acrylic on paper, 5" x 7"

I made a series of small tweaks to and so it begins again, and I'm ready to set this aside to work on the next big piece. To get ready, I've put some older work on sale.


and so it begins again, ink and acrylic on canvas, 36" x 90"


Finally (although it was done in the middle of the week...) I updated my website. It's not 100% but it's pretty close. I'd gotten a little bit lazy about daily updates of the #art365. Will not be doing that again. I am absolutely in love with this now. It is my favorite page. Also added in the latest drawings. Check it out and let me know what you think!

2 comments: