Sunday, July 7, 2013

in the studio

hunh. I spent a lot of time on washes this week. And while I promised myself I'd keep track of how many washes I put on this piece, I didn't. I lost track somewhere north of 12. My best guess is over 20. I can tell you that there are multiple layers of most of these: walnut ink, raw sienna, manganese and ultramarine blues and vivid lime green. Now starting to work on the rest of the painting. Light washes over the rest to seal in the walnut drips, which I discovered would bleed last week. There will be heavier applications of paint later.

and so it begins again, wip, acrylic and ink, 36" x 90"


There was just one #art365 landscape this week, haze, of the prairie straddling Main Street.


haze, acrylic on paper, 5" x 7"

Friday night I went to Michigan City's First Friday Art Walk and finally got to see Brabant Lenting's studio. Here's a quick peek. I'll be going back for a real studio visit, so stay tuned for that.



2 comments:

  1. Nice work.
    Always great to see what's happening in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!It was a productive week, I kust wish I had more to show for it.

      Delete