Sunday, November 9, 2014

in the studio

New this week: I actually finished something. More than once. woo-hoo! Three new paintings completed: yet, forgotten, and univision (which was previously devil's slide, but no longer felt like that. A new devil's slide is in the works.)

yet, acrylic, 8" x 8"

forgotten, acrylic, 8" x 8"

univision, acrylic, 11" x 14"

And for the works in progress: a new devil's slide, an as-yet untitled wip, and hollow, which is very nearly done.

the new devil's slide wip. may need to be a square and/or vertical
untitled wip, acrylic 8" x 8"

hollow, wip, acrylic 11" x 14"

Out of the studio: I had three openings this week. Tuesday, there was an opening at Taltree Arboretum as an offsite location for White Ripple Gallery. I've got one #art365 gouache there. Friday was the Artistic License opening at Studio 659. This is an annual juried show, and my piece crashing through took first place! Saturday was an opening at White Ripple for the Small Works exhibit. 

Next week: I've got a newspaper interview Monday and a studio visit on Wednesday. Saturday there are two openings. First up the South Lake Artists Co-op 5th Anniversary Show. I have 3 paintings in this show at Paul Henry's Art Gallery. Afterwards, I'll be heading over to SideCar to check out the group show Earthwerks. In between all of this, I have to finalize details and last minute prep work for my residency the following week at Hook Pottery Paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment