Thursday, August 14, 2014

Throwback Thursday

This was only a dream, but now I am awake, but I wish I was still asleep.

Last summer I spent a lot of time painting big canvases. After the 8' grant paintings, I just wanted to keep going. The problem with 8' paintings is they don't fit in my car. You need a van (which I don't have) to get them anywhere and they take up a lot of storage space (which I also don't have) and quite honestly the only wall in my house with an 8' expanse is the wall I painted against. I can't even hang these paintings up in my house because my house is too small.

My solution to this (well, the transportation solution) was to paint on smaller canvases and strap them together with metal brackets. Et voila! Big paintings which I can get from one place to another.

I struggled with the right side canvas over and over and couldn't really get it where it was supposed to go. When I added in the larger canvas, everything changed and all of a sudden this piece came together.

this was only a dream, acrylic and ink, 2013, 48" x 60"

No comments:

Post a Comment