Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday

This week's Throwback Thursday is from this date last year. This was a view from one of my drives with my son. We were right at the point where farm fields are starting to be turned over, or not. I was thinking about this piece (unturned) and what I always felt was the companion piece, fallow, last week as I was driving through western New York. It is hilly there and you can see field after field after field. They are all different colors, depending if they've been plowed or planted. So you're getting a two-fer for this week. These were both based on  the same stretch of road, one field after the next.

unturned, acrylic, 5" x 7"

fallow, acrylic, 5" x 7"

These paintings are currently at Paul Henry's Art Gallery in Hammond, and are part of the 10% for autism challenge. 10% of all sales this month are being donated to the National Autism Association. We are in the last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment