Sunday, April 6, 2014

in the studio

This week I agonized over an artist statement. And a series title. This was the hardest one ever. But I think it's because I wasn't ready to write it all down yet. You know, the thing with painting is:

painting means you don't have to talk. 

You can just paint it. 

There's been  a shift in my work over the last month that needs to be recognized, and I'm just not quite ready to try to put that into words. But I was asked for an artist statement and so I had to. Thanks to Paul and Shad for reading and rereading and editing and writing and rewriting and rereading, and asking really important questions like: What does that mean? and Who does your hair? I won't bore you with the new artist statement, because I will likely rewrite it when I get a little farther into this new work. But the series in now #art365: heartland

And I painted. These two are finished.


uncharted territory, acrylic, 15" x 30" 


waterways and means to an end, acrylic, 16" x 16"

And these two are still works in progress.

a new start, wip, acrylic, 16" x 16"


as yet untitled wip, acrylic, 16" x 16"

Painting will continue this week and then some sorting at the end of the week. Delivery next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment