Sunday, January 19, 2014

in the studio

Well, #art365 landscapes were back with a vengence this week! I started working on them again, with the intention that one will be recreated in a large scale for my own home. I'm also thinking about the twitter art exhibit and the #postcardswap which need to be sent off soon and was thinking maybe one of these pieces would be in contention for those. And I dug through the paper I made at Hook Pottery Paper and started using some of those. And I've been using gouache. weird.


frozen, gouache on handmade paper, ~5" x 5"

winter sunrise, gouache on paper

winter willows, wicker park, gouache on paper

treeline, gouache on handmade paper, ~5" x 5"

winter prairie, gouache on paper, 4" x 6"

snowstorm, gouache on paper, 4" x 6"

creekside, gouache on handmade paper, ~5" x 5"

creekside was named creekbed when I saw the place which inspired this piece. It was creekbed when I painted it and photographed it. Then I posted it and it got posted as creekside in 3 different places. So it is now creekside because that is what it wants to be called. This is how I title my work. Each piece tells me what it wants to be called.

No comments:

Post a Comment