Sunday, December 8, 2013

in the studio

I'm still working on the graffiti pieces, and while I'm still referring to them as graffiti pieces, I think the series is taking on the name Post No Bills. This feels more in line with the look I am after than the idea of graffiti. I'm thinking about hand painted billboards on the sides of old brick buildings and the paint is peeling and weathering and wearing away. I'm thinking about the signs for shows and concerts that get put up on construction walls, covering one another. 

Most of this week was spent on help. I think this one may be done.




I also got back to work on where is it? which had been on hold while I was waiting impatiently for the ink to dry. This still has at least a couple of days to go.




Post No Bills may actually find its way into one of the pieces. Next up: I am my own worst enemy.

It's just about time for the next postcard swap! The call to join will be out next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment