Thursday, January 17, 2013

this is how it felt that day

This painting came together quickly. Sort of. It started with a quick sketch for my #art365 project. I know it's nearly impossible to see, but that's what happens when you use a sepia 005 pen. And I don't normally sketch and then turn it into a painting, so this is unusual. I knew almost immediately that the lower portion would be a painting. 



I actually played around with this on a small canvas and learned about skins, but that will have to wait for another blog post. Skins are potentially cool. 

Here is a quick glimpse of me working for the first 2 days.


 

The third day I turned on the camera and started working. I spent at least 2 hours doing lots of little tweaking, during which I thought, this is going to be so boring to watch, even when it's sped up! So I finished up the third day and turned the camera off, which flashed the message: no memory card. oops. So you are all spared the boring details. But they are kind of awesome so here are a few close ups.








and the final piece:
and this is how it felt that day
ink and acrylic on canvas
48" x 96"



No comments:

Post a Comment