Tuesday, January 1, 2013

goals

I've read a couple of other artists' blog posts in the last couple of days listing all the things they accomplished in the past year. This is not one of those posts.  While I think it's good to reflect on what's happened, I think having a goal (or goals) is really important. My goals for last year were have a solo show and apply for the IAC grant. And I did those things.

So what's next?

I still have to finish completing the grantwork for the show in the spring. As March gets closer and closer, I am starting to feel the pressure of this task. There's a lot of work to get done.



I really want a big studio. This is a long term goal, not one that I expect to accomplish in 2013. Part of this is needing more room to move around in. An 8ft canvas is big. Part of this means more room to store artwork, but I will only accomplish this dream if I sell more artwork (which sort of takes care of the storage issue!) so I can pay for a studio rental. I sold more work last year than ever before, but not enough for a new studio. So sales, sales, sales is the short term part of this goal.

I am thinking over the idea of #art365: drawing or completing some artwork everyday. Seriously this will be a challenge. I've done 2 daily challenges for a month each and that was tricky. I will be tweeting these with a #art365. And here's day 1, a quick sketch of a lamp top while I was waiting for the coffee to brew. Hoping to get some painting in today, but now I'm covered just in case.




No comments:

Post a Comment