Wednesday, March 25, 2015

10% (or more!) for autism

It's that time of year again: We're approaching Autism Awareness month. My older son is at the severe end of the autism spectrum, so I am very Aware of Autism. I am, however doing my part to give something back, and hopefully get some people to be more aware and possibly more understanding and accepting. 

For the month of April I will be donating at least 10% of all of my art sales to the National Autism Association of Northwest Indiana. The NAA is known for its support of keeping children as safe as possible from wandering. They also provide grants locally to families to help offset the high medical expenses associated with caring for someone with autism.

This includes not only sales from my studio, but all gallery sales as well. And there are a lot galleries where my work can be found. 10% of sales at all of these locations will be donated.

Nido Bianco has 20 pieces including prairie inspired linocuts, monotypes, and printmaking/paintings.


prairie print painting #2 at Nido Bianco

Paul Henry's has a dozen #art365 pieces and #art365: heartland paintings


division at Paul Henry's

Thaddeus C. has #art365 and #art365: heartland work.


into at Thaddeus C.

GSU Visual Arts Gallery  has waterways and means to an end through April 10, closing reception is 5-8:30 pm.

waterways and means to an end at GSU



Towle Theater has my most recent work. I am most excited about this show. Twenty one pieces of papermaking completed at a residency last fall. I'm switching things up for this show and instead of 10%, I will be donating 25% of sales from work in this show through the artist reception on May 1st. 


rough around the edges at the Towle Theater

Hammond Art Center has burgeoning beginning April 10 in The Trap. Opening reception 6:30-8:30 pm. I will be donating 25% of the sales from this piece to the NAA.


burgeoning at HAC

Merge Building has #art365 : heartland pieces. I will be donating 25% of sales from this show to the NAA through the artist reception on May 1st. In addition, 10% of sales from this show will be donated to Books, Bands, and Brushes for Education.

uncharted territory at Merge


Please visit one or more of these galleries next month. You can also take a look at my website

No comments:

Post a Comment