Sunday, February 15, 2015

in the studio

This was really not a great week of art making. The first week or two of teaching always causes a disruption in ...everything. I made self-portraits with approximately 275 second graders this week, and led an adult class in a Robert Indiana inspired piece. I was quite happy with the latter, and am going to add that into the home school curriculum for the next session. Next week I will be better ...at everything.


2.12.15.1 

2.14.15.1

2.14.15.2

2.15.15.1

Out of the studio had a lot going on as well. Wednesday the Indigenous Landscapes show reopened in an expanded format  at the Indiana Welcome Center, which is a huge venue. My collagraph prairie #3 received an honorable mention which was a very nice surprise. On Saturday I checked out the opening at White Ripple which had solo shows for Shari LeMonnier and Kathy Los-Rathburn and Sunday I went to The Porter County Museum for a reception and artist talk about the Valpo CSA (community supported arts) program. I know a number of the artists participating in this project. I do believe a limited number of shares are still available here. This is a really worthwhile venture, I encourage you to take a look at their site.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the CSA plug! I need to get over to see Indigenous Landscapes soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!
      The Indigenous Landscape show is surprisingly diverse, considering it is all regional (IL-IN-MI) landscapes.

      Delete