Sunday, May 11, 2014

in the studio

This week finished a painting and started a new one, went art supply shopping in Chicago, and went to a few openings.

future sweetness, acrylic, 16" x 24"


I had a potentially brilliant idea/solution which I will be trying out on this piece in the next week. This is a couple of layers in. I'm not sure how many, I wasn't very good about photographing it this week. oops. Still a wip and still untitled. Original title idea: far from the stars and possible new title idea: the forest for the trees. Could end up a combination of the two, or something entirely different.
untitled wip, acrylic, 16" x 24"

Up next: I bought some more stretchers so more painting and a surprise for the above piece.

Finally, it's Mother's Day today. So Happy Mother's Day to all of you who love and nurture others. I hope you were able to do something for yourself today. Remember that you can't take care of someone else if you aren't taking care of yourself. 


It's okay to be selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment