Sunday, March 2, 2014

in the studio

This has been a really good week. 7 paintings sold. Paintings delivered for an upcoming show. An opening Friday night. A potential solo show in the works.

I would say things fall into my lap, but I know that they fall into my lap when I work really hard. It isn't really luck, or at least not mostly luck. Cue the Thomas Jefferson quote:


 "I am a great believer in luck,
 and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." 

And on to this week's art!


morning clouds, gouache, 4" x 6"

the stretch behind, gouache, 4" x 6" SOLD

dusk, gouache, 4" x 6"

winter oaks, gouache, 4" x 6"

sunset prairie, gouache, 4" x 6"
fresh snow, gouache, 4" x 6"

Plans for this week: another delivery to Paul Henry's Art Gallery, a Friday night opening to support some fellow artists. More studio cleaning, so I can get that large canvas stretched. Some small color field studies based on the #art365 landscapes (think: simpler reductions) and a collage idea just popped into my head, which is a little weird because I don't do collages. hunh. Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment