Sunday, May 19, 2013

in the studio

I feel like I don't have a lot to show for this week. I didn't do any of the #art365 landscapes. I still painted everyday, but I did get a little lazy about posting it a couple of days. Layers and layers of washes in the same spot of the same painting look kind of ...well, they don't look like much. They are much, but they don't look it.

There are two days worth of washes on this was only a dream, all of them focused on the upper left portion. It's close to where I feel like it should be but I've been really wanting to get back to painting larger. At 24" x 48" this is too small.



And so I reclaimed three old canvases and began bad penny.


before: awaiting, limb,and before the dream

after: day 1 the beginning of bad penny

day 2

day 3

day 4 text added

day 5

No comments:

Post a Comment