Sunday, June 7, 2015

in the studio

So this week's in the studio takes on a whole new meaning. I have been working out of my home studio, aka the former guest room for the last several years. And this week I moved into a real, legitimate studio at White Ripple Gallery in Hessville. 


I'm sharing the space with fellow artist Tony Lipka. We've got a bit more to move in, but we managed to be set up in time for Saturday's opening of LIVE IN THE VILLE month-long event. We'll be updating the work every month for Second Saturday. Meanwhile, I have just a few more days of kids-in-school freedom, so I will be working between the two spaces til the end of July, when I will start to have regular studio hours. Until then, I'll be available there on Second Saturdays and by appointment.

Workwise, I am still tweaking the seenUNseen project and we got the group together for a feedback session Saturday. This was very helpful. We are regrouping at the end of summer for phase two. Teaching work ended last week and I'll be able to get all of the associated art supplies out of my house tomorrow, which will please my husband to no end. They sort of take over and breed when no one's looking.

Out of the studio brings me back to the new studio space at White Ripple Saturday, and to the Dyer Arts Visionaries Pop Up Gallery space also at White Ripple. (love wins is there now.) Sunday was the 64th Annual Chesterton Woman's Club Art Show, where I had two small #art365 paintings of the prairie.



Up next week: Saturday is the Downtown Hammond Art Walk. This is really the last chance to see the Landscape's Language pulp paintings at the Towle Theater. I will be there 11 am to 2 pm. Lots and lots of participants this year.


And then back to White Ripple Saturday evening for the Second Saturday opening/open studios 6-10 pm. This Sunday I'll be at the Center for Visual and Performing Arts in Munster teaching art for their Family Arts Day! It'll be a busy weekend, but should be lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment