Sunday, March 22, 2015

in the studio

Oh, these in the studio posts have been absent for the last month because it's been a lot of admin and behind the scenes work. Lots of things are happening but not lots of artmaking.
Although I did manage 40 ATC collages between the end of last week and the beginning of this week. (Here are a few of them.)

So what's been keeping me so busy?


Landscape's Language A large selection of the work I completed at last fall's papermaking residency is heading to the Towle Theater in Hammond for the next couple for months. Seven large pieces at the framers, but I framed the fourteen smaller pieces at home. Still to do this week: make labels. The install is this Friday! The artist reception is May 1st, and there will be an artist talk April 1st at Paul Henry's during the South Lake Artist Co-Op April meeting.


ATC Challenge 39 I've joined Susan Henshaw's ATC Challenge. I previously was part of an ATC trade she organized a few years ago. This round she has upped the challenge a bit. There will be 30 cards to trade with 30 artists, but there will also be 9 additional pieces made which will be matted and offered for sale at Nido Bianco in Three Oaks, Michigan.


And speaking of Nido Bianco, I am very pleased to announce that I have joined Nido Bianco's family of artists! I am delivering work tomorrow and will have eight printmaking/paintings and a dozen monotypes and linocuts available. Nido's is a beautiful, brand new gallery which opens on Friday!



10% for autism April is Autism Awareness Month and for the last couple of years I have been donating 10% of my sales through the month of April to the local chapter of the National Autism Association. This is a charity near and dear to me because my older son is on the spectrum. This year, I will be donating at least 10%. (So, yes, sometimes I will be donating more than 10%)  I'm working out a studio sale to coincide with this, because I would like to clear through some of the overabundance of work I have. Stay tuned for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment